Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Part 96: Yesterday

All my troubles seemed so far away! (I hope thats right, I dont really know!)

Right, so I failed at blogging yesterday due to extreme grumpyness and fatigue. I thought I best do the blog when I was in a more positive mood so here goes:

Today (Oh, and I am pretending I wrote it yesterday too...) I woke up after a lovely sleep in and lay in bed thinking about my plans for the day and how it was going to all work. My goals where to: watch Smallville, take Louisa and Sally into Glasgow to meet Jilly by 12, lunch, get back, chill. I wanted to watch Smallville before I left however it was proving to be a difficult task as Louisa wanted to 'check her facebook quickly' but then stayed on for like an hour talking to be on MSN to her friend. Fail. In this time I did have a shower and breakfast and that stared at Louisa until she felt uncomfortable and got off. Good system. By now it was 10:30 (did I say sleep-in before? I got up at like 8 because I was coughing...LIES) and our train was at 11.45 this gave me enough time to watch Smallville and walk down to the station. Purrr-fection. Miaow. RANDOM.

So, I sat and watched an episode of Smallville happy and relaxed as one should be and when it finished (epic) I got up and happily said it was time to go. Little did I know that Louisa wasn't ready yet. After some glaring, Louisa did the last few things she had to do and the three of us were off and running to the station. We made it just in the nick of time, like the second we jumped on the train took off. Phew. The trainride was good and Sally was excited to be going somewhere too.

When we got into the city, we were hungry so we made it to George Square, where the festival that we were meeting Jilly at (will explain) was held, then made our way to an italian restaurant on the corner about 10 seconds away. It was good fun and the service was... great. We also got a free wordsearch to do and the three of us worked at it the entire time. IT was epic. Unfortunately the word chocolate wasn't there and so we failed. Still, we had pizza then Sally had an ice cream and it was a fun lunch. Win.

After lunch the concert thingi was about to start. You see, Jilly is an avid Motor cyclist and there was a fundraising thing for Macmillan Cancer Research where women bike ride all over Scotland raising money for the organisation. Its a really nice thing and at the end, they book out George Square for a celebration with live music and foam gloves, the lot. Louisa, Sally and I sat and watched some awesome live music then watched the bikers come into Glasgow. Then we met Jilly and talked to her for a while. Then there was a beautiful moment in time when they released a lot of balloons into the air. All the balloons had a note from each of the riders to a person they had lost to cancer and at the same time there was a live, beautiful rendition of somewhere over the rainbow and so it was just.. I dont know, powerful because these women had just rode 550miles for cancer support all because they lost someone to cancer. It was really nice.

Pic, Jilly on her bike :D

Anyway, we left the square soon after some more music and awesome dancers etc. then toured the city for a bit, which was fun. I love Glasgow its so easy to navigate around and theres always awesome street performers and stuff to look at. Its cool. Then we caught the train back into town, bought some beer then met Jilly once again back at home and then had some beer on the deck in the sun. It was a good system. After, I booked stuff for Oxford and London tomorrow and then got grumpy and didn't write blog.

Okay, Month Summary (I really dont know why I do these):

Week 1 (1st-8th)
  • Went on a long walk in the Alps (Fraaaaance D:)
  • Got my picture taken for a French Newspaper
  • Had my French going away party (Fraaaaaance)
  • Left France (Fraaaance) and made it Germany
  • Went to 4 different countries in one day, going overseas twice.
  • Re-met Jette and all her family
  • Went on a bike ride around Ellerau
  • Went to Hamburg and toured with Jette
  • Went to a Harbour Party, saw Queen Mary 2, watched epic fireworks by the water and drank a shot called 'to fuck' Win.

Week 2 (9th-15th)

  • Worked in a German Flea-market
  • Travelled to Lubeck, the Marzipan central of the world
  • Reached 100 days
  • Went to various museums including the awesome Miniatur Wunderland
  • Toured Hamburg like a full on tourist
  • Rode 62km on a bike and got punched of my bike by a random. Death, the bruise is STILL there.
  • Took a bus over to Berlin
  • Stayed in a hostel and did a free tour of Berlin seeing awesome things and learning amazing history

Week 3 (16th-22nd):

  • Went on a grafitti tour around Berlin which was epic.
  • Went to the History Museum of Berlin then that day, flew out to Glasgow.
  • Met up with Al and AJ at the airport then Jilly and Sally back at my new home in Netherlee.
  • Had my 19th Birthday
  • Got a new phone
  • Sat outside various nights drinking too much beer and enjoying the Scotland sun
  • Toured around Glasgow with Jilly
  • Realised my bloody camera bloody broke and it would cost way too much to fix.

Week 4 (23rd-31st)

  • Had an epic webcam with Mum, Lachlan and Tor t'was fun.
  • Louisa came to Scotland and stayed with me.
  • Had some cool convos with Al and Louisa
  • Went to Glasgow a lot.
  • Got sick =-=
  • Went all around the highlands
  • Didn't see Nessie but saw Loch Ness.
  • Organised Oxford (but you know all this)

And that was it. That was an epic months. I went to: France, Switzerland, England, Germany and Scotland. Win.

Wow.



No comments:

Post a Comment