Sunday, June 27, 2010

Part 119: Miles Away

Hello!

So, some of you may be delighted to read that today I finally caught up with Margie Miles. for those who are not so thrilled by this probably be informed that Margie is a relative of some discription from my mums side of the family who I've been told over and over again to meet up with and have been in contact with for a while. Yes, so tonight I went and finally met her and her family.

The day of today was not much to report. I guess the only thing I should add is that Tetris makes me angry and that I hate it but still want to play it. Stupid geometrical shapes. I also spent sometime outside chatting to Al and Jilly who had arrived to pick up something. That was about it until 5 when I walked down and was met by Margie in the main street of Netherlee. She was joined by her son whose name I am tempted to say is Noah. He was 5 and gave me a welcoming present: A balloon and a packet of Jelly beans which by the end of the car trip back to their place was taken from me because he couldn't bare parting with them. Oh well.

I went in and met Margies two eldest daughters Daisy (11) and Holly (14). Daisy was incredibly shy and Holly was pretty cool to sit and chat to about music, travel and building blocks. It was pretty funny because Daisy got asked to offer me a drink and I replied "water" so she nodded and ran out then two minutes later came back and was like "We have coke if you'd like" and I said water was still fine. I waited around and talked to Holly until a bit later Holly got a message asking if I had said water because she didn't understand my accent properly... it was funny... had to be there, I guess.

Um we then sat around talking some more watching random youtube videos that Margie, Holly and I had posted and talking about them. We then got graced by the voice of Noah who, obsessed with Titanic, decided to sing that Celine Dion song which honestly, I should know inside out (Karoake...when I was 7) but I cant remember that name of. Margie also pointed out that she had seen that karaoke video. Mortified. Jokes. Then we had dinner which was chicken, potato and beans; twas good.

I then met Margies boyfriend whose name I couldnt tell you if I drew it out of a hat, and he was cool but he made jokes but had a really hard accent to understand so he would say something and I knew it was meant to be funny but I had no idea what he was saying so I just awkwardly laughed. Great, I am a tool. He stayed for a bit but then quickly left when Margies youngest daughter, Poppy, came home with her friend, her friends family and a sugar high. Her and her little friend ran around screaming and winding Noah up while Margie went to the other room and talked to the other family and Holly, Daisy and I played with our placemats and chatted.

Eventually the other group left and then Poppy finally calmed and chatted to me for a while. Dessert was next, strawberries and ice cream. Then the younger 2 kids went to bed and the rest of us moved in to the lounge room where we talked about family, music and the P!nk concert they had attended the night before. Oh and somewhere in there Margie and I walked to her sisters place where Margie had to feed the cats because they're in S. Africa to watch the World Cup.

This went until 11ish when I was driven home with a promise to keep in contact and definetly catch up again whenever we can. They are cool :)

It was a good evening. Oh and hahaha! England, you fail.

Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment