Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Part 55: Strike 3

I am so not in the mood to write in French right about now- I have been spending the last few hours translating a book from French to English. Its fun, I guess, but painful putting all the little tabs in and finding the right spots to out the tabs. Anyway! I'll sorta get to that later.

So, today Louisa was meant to be going on her way to Antibbes or something... I dunno, somewhere else in the South of France so we got up nice and early (7.00) and got ready and packed. We got everything packed and stuff in to the car and went to Goncelin station and caught the train with a minute to spare - no joke. We got out of the car and sprinted to the train which was just about to pull away. It was a good system.

We arrive in Grenoble (I went to get a hair cut and say goodbye to Louisa) only to line up and find out that all tickets are unavailable thanks to this stupid strike. Stupid, stupid strike. We then checked the train times, the next train back to Goncelin was at 12.15 so we went in search for a hair dressers, we found one and I made an appointment for an hour later. Then we went had coffee and went back. The hairdressers was so nice and classy like and all the people were so friendly. Unfortunately the people took an extra 30 minutes to get to me than originally planed and thus we missed our train back. Louisa went on her merry little way to the station and fond out our next train was at 5.04pm and returned just in time because I had paid the hairdressers and left.

We walked around deciding what to do for the rest of the day, having not made any plans. We went and got lunch at some creperie where we ate -get this- cabonara :D It was a good lunch. We also had crepes for dessert but they were mediochre. Anyway, then we walked around Grenoble enjoying the fact that the weather was nicer. Sunny :) We walked around all the little streets and stuff (all the while carrying ALL of Louisas stuff) until we decided to do the Bastille because she hadnt done it before. Bastille no.4... I mean, sure its cool but bah, 4 times is a bit much. Oh well. I did see something I hadnt previously noticed - Squished Pennies which Louisa collects. We spent a few hours looking for them in Paris and dissapointed not to find a French one, gave up. Louisa was SO excited to find them in lil 'ol Grenoble. It was quite a surprise and ... yea. I got one too. Squished Pennies...

We the left the Bastille and OH! I bought a new pair of shoes to because my poor old volleys hav got a bit shizen. Yeaa.. good system...

Okay. I am bored of typing and Smallville is on. We watched Jurassic Park 3 tonight... aaand yea translating book for reasons I cant say on blog - ask me personally and I should be able to tell you. I have no idea whats gonna happen tomorrow, I emailed the people I am staying with letting them know of my situation and so... it all dpends on the strike.

That bloody Strike.

No comments:

Post a Comment