Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Part 79: The Little People and 100 days

Hullo!

First off. Far out, its been 100 days now since I left Australia! 100!! Wow. Thats like.. a lot. (wow, Deep Doug... If you had 'Doug' any deeper you'd be in China because it was that deep -Lol@name reference.)

So today I was flying solo once again and after waking up at 10.30 or something, doing a load of washing, talking to my parents about money and organising my life in general I had a shower and made my way out to Hamburg so that I could go to the Miniatur Wunderland museum.

The museum is situated along the harbour and because I'd been to the Harbour before, finding it proved to be quite easy. I did walk around a little bit before going to the museum though just to get the area well into my head. When I got to the museum I was surprised to find so many people there as well. Being a Tuesday, I figured people would all be at work or school or something but, alas, no. Everyone decided to take this particular Tuesday off so they could go and check out the same museum as me, I am flattered.

The girl at the counter was very excited to hear that I was an English speaker and got even more enthused to find out that I was from Melbourne orignally. She, three years ago, spent 6 months living in Essendon as an exchange student and that was a nice way to start my trip, a chat with her. Eventually, 10 euros later I made me way in to the museum and walked into Switzerland. The mini version, of course. You see the museum is like a model train one, but awesome. They build entire cities out of tiny little things and they are huge and impressive with lights and movement and music and wow. They also make the day change to night every like 10 mintues or something and then you can see a completely different side to the place. Its really very cool- I was impressed.

I spent a fair bit of time there making my way through the crowds and looking at as much as I can. I even picked up my third Squished Penny which was cool. My favorite part was probably either the swiss concert, seen in the movie below, or the Las Vegas section at 'night' time. The lights were quite amazing. Oh! and it was really cool because before I went into the museum, I stood on a bridge and took a photo of the building. Then there was a model version of Hamburg which had the museum, so I took the same photo, just model version. I felt awesome and like no one would have thought of it. Ever. Good times. As I left, I bought a little something and the girl who went to Australia made an effort to serve me again. We chatted longer holding up the queue... She was really nice.

I got back home around 5.30 and caught Jette studying, so to be out of her way I went online and then talked to her sister for a while. Tea. Blog. Looking up museums for tomorrow, I think, Smallville, Bed. Good system.

At least on Thursday Jette doesn't have school. I hope she doesn't study the whooooooole day

This video just shows the concert thing part in the Switzerland sections, it shows the details and size of it all, sorta. Should upload photos to Facebook soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment