Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Part 74: Ich Sprechen Deutsch Nicht

Yea... I have no idea if that is even how *I dont speak German* is spelt..

So Jette was at school today until 1 and being in a completely unfamiliar place with no maps or anything, Jette suggested I wait for her to come back home before I toured around the town (which, by the way, is called Ellerau) because she could take me. So my morning was pretty...well, lets just say uneventful. Jettes parents were both working and her boyfriend left for school too so it was just me wondering where anything was exploring the house and well, doing nothing until Jette got home. I couldn't even go outside because the doors were locked and I didn't have a key to get out... Sigh.

Eventually Jette did get home which was good because we made a stir fry lunch for us and Jettes Dad and Cousin who were coming home for lunch this was at 1ish. The 4 of us sat around the table and occasionally someone would have something to ask me or something general to say, but it was a pretty quiet lunch.

After we went on a bike ride all around town just exploring and checking out the area. I took some photos (but my camera is over there >>) which Jette thought was quite funny only because I was taking photos of houses, either because they were pointy or had straw roofs, which is apparently very typical of northern Germany. She understood why I was taking the photos, but was saying that it was so odd that thats something to take a photo of because its so normal to her. We then saw the little shopping part of Ellerau but didn't actually go in any, except the electrical one and then kept riding around and talking. It was odd because the land is so flat its ridiculous. So compared to the bike rides I had in Saint Marie d'Alloix, this was a breeze, which was nice.

When we got back we talked in the kitchen for little bit then watched tv which was odd, we flicked through channels and I didn't have a clue what was going on. I was actually kind of glad abou this. I have always wondered how much French I actually understand or how much I just guess because it sounds English enough. Well, not understanding ANY German, even when Jette points out that was an English sounding word made me happy because yea, means my French is good :) Anyway, not that that matters now, when am I ever going to use that again!? (hopefully sooner rather than later) anyway!! We found a channel that had English with German subs and then watched that before Jette went and studied and I... did...nothing. Then she went to Handball training and I...did...nothing. Oh I met Jettes mum who seems nice and who isnt working tomorrow. She said she'll take me to the grocery store (Aldi- lol) so yea, excitement! I am also going into Hamburg with Jette so that will be good.

After that we had tea, played cards and talked and then her boyfriend came over and then we all chatted in the kitchen together for a while until we went to bed, those suckers have to be at school at 7.30 tomorrow morning so yea.. um...yep.

I have to find things that can occupy my days whilst Jette is at school. I didn't actually know she was in school when this was organised so I didn't think about it. Hmm....Oh well, I'll just ... I dunno. At least, if worst comes to worst, I can always just work on my project... :P

OH!! Great news! Germany has Lion cereal, I can continue my Lion/nutella sandwhiches... I just need to by some tomorrow! Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment