Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Part 161: A Red Bus

Hello!

So today was pretty full-on as far as my standard of days go. I woke up at 9 after hearing the kids leave for school and got up had a shower then waited around for Lois or Al to wake up or get home from taking the kids to school. Al arrived first so I talked to him for a while and he explained he had to go visit Jilly for a bit so I said farewell to him and thus was given full responsibility of the house. Epic. Fail.

At 10 o'clock I went up to wake Lois as I wanted to be in Glasgow city by 11.30ish. We decided to make breakfast which was to be bacon and eggs. After a bit, the smoke from the bacon just went crazy for some reason and set the fire-alarm upstairs off. My God is that loud! We spent the next ten minutes trying to shut it up to no avail and after ringing Al to ask how to turn it off only to realise that the only way was to get rid of the smoke (which we had done) we gave up counting it as faulty and went outside hoping that it would just shut up while we ate breaky. Fail, it didn't. The stupid alarm went on for about 40 minutes and nearly deafened me. Lois thought it would make things better if she showered with the door open (sounds dodgy, but I was downstairs) to let the steam from the shower fuzzle the alarm. Woohoo! It worked. Bad start to the day.

We went to the train station and quickly learned that all the trains to the city had been canceled. What?! I was so annoyed because, really, Lois is here for 4 days 2 of which we are in Edinburgh for, we didn't have time for this! I glared at the station and then we walked around and caught the slow bus into the city. At least we got there. Terrible start to the day. Luckily, we were in high-spirits as we wondered into Glasgow and on the way we decided to do the 'City Site-Seeing' bus tour which had been recommended to us by Al and the kids yesterday. We arrived spot on on time after a quick visit to the tourist information centre. Oh! and when we were in line for the bus, there was a woman who worked for the company who gave only Lois and I an extra coupon for one pound off. Good start to the tour.

The tour itself was pretty good. We went all over the joint and I saw one area of Glasgow I hadn't seen before but it was cool. It was the Peoples Palace and the Glasgow Green park. We got off at that stop and had a tour around so I could see something new. We sat in the conservatory there and had a coffee at the cafe which was nice. We then continued the tour and saw the rest of Glasgow stopping again at the Tall Ship (which is away to be cleaned...), Kelvin Grove Museum (still good the second time) and the University (which will never cease to amaze me). Eventually we arrived at Buchanan Bus Station and then concluded the touring by exploring, in detail, Sauchiehall St. and Buchanan St. We also went in search of some wool for Lois which was an adventure around Glasgow in itself and then we went out for dinner at some pub. The food was not great but it was cheap.

Fortunately, the trains back home were running so we caught that came home and watched Moulin Rouge for my second time. I have to admit, I really like that film. Haha. It was a good day (in the end... ha) but now we have to think of something fun to do tomorrow. Hmm... We shall see!

And thus I bid you, good night:

Good night

x

1 comment:

  1. O o o, what a perfect day to start with the smoke alarm...;-0
    Perhaps a good idea:
    * don't let the beacon burn
    * remove the battery
    * smash it with a hammer
    Have a nice day today!!
    Love, Annet

    ReplyDelete