Thursday, August 5, 2010

Part 146: Aye Aye, Captain

Ciao friends,

Today I was the captain of a sailboat.

This morning I woke up at 10.30. Lois and I made an arrangement to wake the other if we weren't already awake by 11 so I had time to jump in the shower. Unfortunately I feel back asleep. At 11 I woke up again, not by Lois and went into the shower then was greeted by Lois who was awake talking to Annet. We decided that today we would go into Sneek where there was a bunch of Street acts going on just for the day.

We left by 1.30ish after dawdling around in the morning. The street acts were pretty cool, especially the first one in which I was attacked by the performers toy dog and hit on a head with the hammer... I was the only one :( Lois, on the other hand, actually got selected for the good roles, she was given the dog to look after and also had to stand up and be involved, it was pretty funny. Very entertaining. The rest were okay but I wasn't feeling very well so I wasn't quite myself. We did have ice cream any way and these typical dutch pancakes which are just teeenie pancakes- very good when you're not well, I assure you.

When we got back to Lois' we sat and talked for a while then I did sudoku while Lois did something else for a bit until we had dinner- a very nice pasta dish. Lekker. After tea, it was agreed that Lois, Jelle (pronounced Yell-eh, Lois' 17[?] year old brother) and I would go on a sailing trip. Not like the boat that we used the other day, this was an actual sail one with well...sails... IT was really fun but apparently due to lack of wind not as good as normal- I liked it anyway. We were gone for a good while around the main lake which is huuuge and good fun to sail around. I also used the trapeze which is a bit on the side of the boat where you dangle out the side attached and with no hands just hang over the water. ITs pretty fun too. I like boats... hehe. I also got to steer the boat a couple of times which was interesting. I can now steer a sail boat, I cant do anything else like work with the sails but I can steer... rocket science? No but good to know.

It was good, I dont know what we're going to do now, Lois said she is tired and wants to go to bed so I may do the same...probably.

Oh! Last night I also met another Australian who is friends with Lois' younger sister Maud, who was staying in Holland for the last 2 months with her mum. It was cool to talk to another AUstralian just because we both had been away for a long time. We got along pretty well but I was grossed out by her accent- so Australian... bleargh. Lois and Maud both agreed my accent wasn't as strong as hers and I hope it never is.... Nice girl though! The 4 of us went to some circus thing too last night which was mad fun. Hard to explain and had a stupid story... I might also add a royal 'woof' but only Lois and I would understand.

Toodle pip!

1 comment:

  1. whahahahahahahahahahahahaha yea the royal woof was absolutely sooo very funny! you should see me at the moment i red that, my dad looked at me like huh what the hell could be so very funny you're laughing like that?? but oh well i cant wait to come to schotland and visit you!

    xox

    ReplyDelete