Saturday, August 7, 2010

Part 147: Sneek Week

Hello!

So, yesterday was pretty good, waking up at 10 and upstairs talking to Annet until Lois woke up at 11. We decided that today, being Sneek Week (a huge festival in Sneek that people from all over Holland come to for parties and sailing competitions) we would go to an island not far from here and watch the last part of a sailing competition between all the Friesian cities (I cant spell Friesian, but its a part of Holland with its own language and everything, Sneek is apart of it, but most people still speak Dutch anyway)

We arrived at the Island by bike/ boat and then met one of Lois' freinds who has a Friesian name I have no hope of remembering... Sietske Lois tells me. We went to her boat and waited for her to get ready then we went and sat on a big cargo ship, which was pretty cool in itself, and watched the sailing in the sun. Speaking of sun, I somehow managed to get sunburn... I hate the sun now, not that its a bad burn (I can barely notice it now) but still, how rude of it to think it can burn ME! The sailing games were pretty bijzonder but it was relaxing to watch them even though I had no idea what was going on. Sneek came third of 14 apparently so woohoo! Gooo Sneek!

After that, Lois and I stood awkwardly as whats-her-name said hello to all the Sneek competitors. We didn't know anyone.. Well I didn't, and Lois only a few so we left and walked around, got ice cream (ben & Jerry's, mmmm) and then boated back to here. When we got here Lois went and picked up her friend Anne who was here for Sneek Weeks opening night thing. I stayed at Lois' place and watched the start of 'The Curious case of Benjamin Button' with Maud.

Lois and Anne came back and I met her.. obviously, she is pretty funny so it was good. Dinner, Movie, out to SneekWeek Festivities. We watched some boat parade which is apparently the whole reason for Sneek Week then went out partying amongst the masses of people. It was again, quite bijzonder partying out in the open with sooooo many people but pretty cool. Yea... We tried clubbing a few times but I just dont dance so...yea... Anyway. Home at 2.30 sleep at 3 (early for Sneek Week) up at 9 wait for Lois and Anne to wake up, blog.

Voila.

Oh! also the other day me and Lois made apple crumble from scratch (this was the day I didn't blog) it was yum and a very typical dutch thing to do apparently! Good ol' apple crumble.

Toodle pip!

x

p.s I go back to Scotland tomorrow. :) :( :S

No comments:

Post a Comment