Monday, August 23, 2010

Part 159: Arrested In Stirling

And good evening to you all,

My fingers are freezing so it makes typing quite painful. I should sit on them for a while... That didn't work. My fingers are still painfully cold. Failure. In better news today was pleasant. Well, for the most part. Ooh, my face is warm, I'll put my hands there for a wee bit. Wow, thats much better. The magic of my face never ceases to amaze me.

So anyway this morning I was awoken by Jilly which is quite amazing because I had no idea Jilly was here. She told me that it was 20 to 9 and if I wanted to catch the train on time to be in Stirling by 11. I sent Gatens a message saying if it was okay to be there at 7 past but she replied saying I should hold off an hour because she had a meeting with her boss at 11. This delighted me to no end knowing I could lie in bed for a wee bit longer and dawdle around the morning.

So I got to the station only to realize I missed my train. Epic fail. I sat around waiting the half an hour for the next one hoping that I would still be able to get the train into Stirling even though I knew it was impossible. I texted Gatens and told her I probably would get in at 1 instead. We considered cancelling but neither of us had anything else to do so we decided to play it by ear. Somehow, I managed to arrive in Stirling by 12.36 but then Gatens' train was cancelled so she didn't get in until 1 anyway.... haha. Good start to the day. Oh well, I went and grabbed Maccas for lunch whilst waiting for her as shed already eaten. I also got a free Coke glass. Win!

So the day in Stirling started by us discussing our post-Italy holidays. Lizzy went of to Greece for two weeks and for the record: had a blast. We wondered up to Stirling Castle which is the most famous thing in Stirling. On the way we also saw Stirlings old Jail which was noted to be a 5 star tourist attraction so we added that to our list of possible things to do. (Big. Brother. Second. Last. Episode. NOW. *Crack* that was my heart breaking... And to make matters worse, is that Als got his friends over and they're annoying me because they're talking in the loungeroom how rude... *glare* Anyway, now that I cant pay attention to BB I will keep typing. I should point out I hadn't typed for 20 minutes due to Big Brother, than being the host for Als friends while Al wasn't here. Can I spell awkward? Yes.) We eventually got up to the castle, pondered around enjoying the sites and views than left again. I would have gone in if not for the fact that Gatens was going again for free in a week and didn't want to and it was $15AUD so ptch, thats a next time thing.

We pondered around Stirling for a while going to the shopping centres and just bumming around (Bah, can they go to a different room?! Theres a whole house! I cant even go into my room to watch it because Jilly took my TV so I have to stay here...Raaaage) It was a nice town, very pretty and pleasant to explore. Eventually we went back up to the prison and did that tour which was pretty cheap and not too bad. Learnt alot abuot the prison which was a pretty interesting place. I mean the prisoners where people who stole things like dishcloths and then had to wait there in absolute silence and solitude for AGES until they were taken to either Austrlia or death or if they were lucky, released. Amaizng. Haha, it was pretty cool actually. Worth 5 pounds? Perhaps. I mean there was an awesome tour guide who dressed up and such and acted like 3 diffferent characters which was pretty mad.

Wow, I touch typed that entire paragraph. Gunnin.

Um, we decided we should go over to where Gatens works in a city named Dunblane. We went for coffee first and talked about how amazing the world is before getting on a train and arriving in Dunblane. Dunblane is a very cute city. Tiny and very old styled. I'm quite impressed. We went to the catherdral there which was very pretty and ridiculously oversized and then we caught a bus over to the boarding school where Lizzy works. It was pretty big and very pretty and again, I was impressed. (Raaaaage, I just missed something really funny. Not. Happy. Jan. Jan, please call Al and fix this) We then went and met some of the off-duty people that she works with and then we talked and played Mario Kart on the 64. That was interesting. I failed miserably but it was fun all the same.

After Mario, Lizzy and I left, cooked our own tea which was pasta and then I caught the bus to the station and then walked caught the train to Sterling, then waited for ages for the train to Glasgow then had to wait because all the trains to Muirend where delayed and delayed then eventually canceled. Raaaaage. I was there for an hour then remembered that buses exist so I caught the bus home which was the slowest thing I have ever been on. I FINALLY got home relieved I was able to watch Big Brother and not miss any of it... or so I thought. Blah!

Today was a good day. But I can tell my writing has a negative spin on it. Sorrrryyyy. I am not that annoyed really. Just tired. Lois is here tomorroww! WOOOO!! BIG BROTHER FINAL TOMORROW. Lois can sit quietly and watch it too ;)

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment