Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Part 132: Works With The Father

Hey family and friends!

Today was a nice day. I woke up at 11.35 and run out of my room in a glorious mood for no particular reason. I sang good morning to Sally and AJ who were watching TV and to Jilly who was a bit upset in the kitchen. I talked to her for a wee bit and she was cheered up slightly as I left. I went watched some telly and then went on the computer to check up on the whats doing.

I logged on and saw my dad was online so I had a great chat with him. It was really good honestly, one of the more interesting chats we've had in a while. We talked about when I return to Australia and other stuff. We also were just discussing dads work mate Bruce who is currently in Scotland with his 19 year old son. Then, speak of the devil, I got a phone call from Bruce himself. He wanted to catch up today and asked me what time would suit me. We decided on 3pm at the information centre. He was out the front of George Square when he rang me but couldn't find the IC so I gave him directions. It was pretty cool that I could give directions around Glasgow. I mean, the IC was just behind them but still I could help them exactly. It was great. I then told them they can catch the Tourist Bus from there if they wanted and I'd see them soon. Hang up. Talked to dad a little more which was nice until I had to go and get ready because now it was 1.30 and I wanted to catch the 2.15 train so I could get Sallys bday present before meeting up with them.

I ran out the city tryting to find what I wanted which I wont announce now in case Sally reads this and then stood out front of the IC as I waited for Bruce and I believe his sons name is Nick... We talked about their tour around Glasgow and our previous journeys as we slowly dawdled towards their hotel they're staying at. They couldn't quite remember where it was but remembered the street so I could help them out- win! On the way we stopped for some beers at a bar thing which was good to get to know them a little bit. At 4 though, Bruce had to go and get ready for a meeting saying he would meet us again at 8. He left and so I sat and chatted to Nick for a while and we got some dinner and then decided we should catch a movie. We actually got along which was really cool. We walked up to the cinema and then saw a massive MASSIVE queue for it so gave up and I thought it'd be cool to check out the Australian bar around the corner. So we did.

After another beer and some more chats we went back up to their hotel which was a fairish walk and then sat and watched TV and chatted until 8 came and went. Bruce still wasn't back. So we chatted had more drinks and watched more TV until finally at 10 Bruce came in. At least its not just my dad who underestimates the amount of time meetings go for. When he came back we talked for a little bit but then it was 10.10 so I thought I should probably head back. I left and was so happy that I caught up with them. They're good people and I like them. Good times.

I got back home at 11 and because Jilly and the kids had off'd for the next two nights I pondered in turned the TV on and chilaaaaaaaxed. Oh I also was singing loudly for the hell of it. Was good haha.

It was a good day.

Toodle pip.

No comments:

Post a Comment