Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Part 127: Family Union

So, I am internetless however I decided that I would write my blog on in a document on the day so I dont forget anything, then post it at a later date as if it had been there the whole time!

Here goes:

This morning I woke up to my alarm at some stupid hour (like 9 maybe) and grumbled my way out of bed and into the shower, no one else in my Netherlee house was even awake yet. By the time I was downstairs Al was doing something in the kitchen and so after a quick 'sup?' 'nm' conversatino I went into my room and packed for my three day adventure to Prestwick home of Moria, Brian and Julie. I also gave my room a good tidy up so I didnt leave it in a mess for Al and Jilly then had breaky. After a goodbye-internet-I'll-miss-thee chat with Tam and Mum, I set off to the station and was on my way.

I arrived in Glasgow then caught the train into Prestwick via the Ayr line arriving right on time at 12.10 where I was met by my...Grandauntie(?) Moira. She recognised me at once and we gave each other a big hug, after 18 years of birthday cards, I finally had a proper face and hug to put to the name. It was good. Moira had just finished volunteering at her local volunteer working place and her friend volunteered to drive and pick me up then drop us home – afterall, Moira cannae drive. It was a quick journey to Moiras flat and when we arrived we had much to discuss and discuss, we did.

We talked about my recent adventures and other random things that were rather funny. I should here point out that when I am old I want to go to a retirement house likie she has because its wonderfully perfect. I loved it. And she was worried I wouldn't like it- ptch! We had some lunch which was homemade chicken soup and sandwhiches and then decided we would walk down along the beach (which by the way, Moira has an awesome view of from her window) but after I got shown my room. My room is a floor down and is the guest place of the flats. Its loverly. I just wish all places I could stay in when I travel were like this. Spacious and very very clean. Perfection. I also got my own key which now I feel special with. :)

We went down and walked along the beach and talked some more and Ialso made an effort to run out and touch the water. We also then walked through a park and then down the main street having various significant places pointed out to me and explained which was very interesting. I saw shops that Nette and Poppa liked and it was cool thinking of them being there. Unfortunately, it began to rain so we went into a little cafe for a coffee and we talked some more about the town and family stuff until after about an hour, we made our way back to the flat where we sat in the recreation room where there was a dodgy keyboard which I failed miserably on and many discussions to be had, clearly with both our entire lives to catch up on, there was much to discuss.

I then showed Moira videos from Lachlans 21st which I have and where thoroughly enjoyed by her and it was good because I could point out people and yea... It was good. We ended up watching it twice and the second time pausing every 5 seconds to point out everyone in every photo haha. It was good. We were hungry by the time it finished (It was like... 7pm or something) and so we went out for dinner at a pub named 'Golf Inn' which I apparently has a mean all day breakfast meat fest thing... Apprently... but I instead chose not to go that and a had a bacon burger. We chatted more about my adventures in France and then Moiras adventures in France and general stuff before arriving back at the flat again and finding out what Brian was up to.

He may not have been able to come so Moira suggested I go for another walk because she had a few phone calls to make so willingly, I pondered around the beach again and took some photos of the water and the misty outline of Aaran (spelling?) which is an island not to far away. And then sat on the rocks as my camera died and stared out to the sea which looked stunning under the slowly setting sun. Very slowly, it was only like 8.30 -9.00 the sun still has hours to be up for... Anyway, I made it back and was greeted up in Moiras flat by Brian my... second (?) Cousin or something like that. Moiras son anyway... He couldn't stay long but he wanted to meet me so we sat and chatted for about 40 minutes about my upcoming job and his kids and this and that for the whole time and also decided I have to come back again and that tomorrow we shall try and do something of some description. Try. He is very busy.

Anyway after he left, Moira and I switched on the telly and chatted while watching the news and then somehow Family Guy came on. It was funny and Moira liked it haha. Tres cool.

OH! I should point out, I was saying I needed a hair cut and Moira said “Gosh I wish I had your curls” ... it really reminded me of someone?

Goodnight!!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment