Thursday, September 2, 2010

Part 167: City Photos

Alors!

Bienvenue. I have been speaking French to the dog for the last 20 minutes so I have french in my head haha, its a good system because the dog doesn't notice my mistakes.

Anyway, as you can see I have added some pictures of my current home city, Glasgow. I realised this morning that the weather was absolutely amazing and I didn't have any photos of Glasgow so the only reasonable thing to do in this situation was to go to the city and take some photos! I really enjoyed it because it was lovely to walk around leisurely on my own for a while in the sunshine in one of my favorite places!

I woke up this morning at 10.30 and played a bit of Zelda, I am getting so close to the end which is good because I am totally over it. It never ends! But I am sure you dont care about that. I got up and had a shower then realised that no one was even here! I had no idea where Al was until I noticed his note saying he went into the city as well. I love notes! I then grabbed some breakfast (at 12.00...) then caught the next train into the city.

I like the train ride to the city, I know it like inside out now I can name all the stops in order from Muirend to Glasgow Central! I love watching what people do on the train to and counting how many people skip buying tickets from the ticket inspector by looking like they've been checked already. Haha, its a good system. Anyway when I arrived in the city I thought of where my favorite places that I could be bothered walking to were. For reference, my favorite place in Glasgow is Glasgow University (the one out near Kelvin Grove Art Museum) because its amazingly pretty and I love the cloisters there but unfortunately its a long walk away so I didn't make it up that far. Laziness.

So I walked all around the central part of Glasgow which contains most of the places I like anyway. The first photo is a view from Glasgow Royal Concert Hall. Its looking down over Buchanan St which is always that busy. Its amazing. Oh and I saw the most amazing busker today. He was playing the guitar and singing and was just amazing! His voice was so easy to listen too. I decided to sit and watch for a while because I was getting tired anyway. Yea, I love the vibe on Buchanan St. Theres usually always buskers and people trying to sell little nic nacs like bubble guns and stuff. Walking up and down the street is fun just in itself. The big glass thing in the middle is the Buchanan St Subway Station fyi and you can see all the way down to Caffe Nero (which I have mentioned before) and St. Enoch which is a large shopping centre. If you look to my right, you will look down Sauchihall St. too which is another main street in the city. Walk all the way down there and you'll arrive at Kelvin Grove. Good times. Um the second photo is also taken on Buchanan St. Its a peacock statue which I always like to look at if I am near it and show it to people when I am touring them around... I dont know why but I love it.

The next photo comprises of George Square. George Square is another place I love. I especially love that 9/10 times that I am there, there are pigeons or sea gulls sitting on top of the heads of all the statues, I like it. In the background there is a beautiful building which I think is the Glasgow City Chambers. They are stunning. You can also see the white memorial infront of that building which I like too... I enjoy sitting on the benches there and contemplating things or when I am with someone (rarely) sitting there and chatting. It reminds me a lot of the State Grass out front of State Library in Melbourne. Anyway, I love it there.

So there are some photos I have more but I dont want to fill the entire blog up because I could just go on forever. I love Glasgow haha. So today was nice. I did have to be back by 3.15. Well, I decided that. I wanted to be home to hang out with the kids for a bit because I'm away for the weekend so I am running out of time with everyone here so quickly! Its saddening somewhat. So I came back to be met by Al who went to pick up the kids.

I played more Zelda talked to the kids then Jilly came and took them (and my DS) rendering me bored on the TV. Then Al went out to work rendering me bored on the TV alone. I watched like 5 episodes of the Simpsons straight. There were 3 of the new new ones 1 oldish one and then the 2nd EVER Simpsons episode. Amazing. Did you know Smithers was black when he first appeared on TV? Betchya you didn't! Anyway its verging on midnight and I am off to Prestwick tomorrow meaning I should get some sleep!

Be it known, I do post photos. No one can say I don't! Haha.

Good night!

x

p.s I am in Prestwick which means possibly no internet until Monday- I'm sure you'll work it out if I have no net but I will make notes! You wont miss a thing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment